Best fertility doctors in Hyderabad can deal with Sperm DNA fragmentation. It is advisable to visit the best infertility hospital in Hyderabad. It is worth the try.
It would be interesting to focus on sperm DNA Fragmentation about fertility levels. Best infertility doctors in Hyderabad can deal expertly with sperm DNA fragmentation tests.
Sperm DNA fragmentations happen to be a term made use of a term that is used to describe irregular sperm genetic material, which can result in male sub-fertility, IVF failure, and miscarriage.
What is DNA fragmentation in sperm?
Fragmentation of Sperm DNA can rather occur spontaneously or by laboratory personnel un-intentionally. Spontaneous DNA fragmentation does accumulate gradually in a cell. Fragmentation of DNA is, in fact, more common among men who suffer from defective sperm quality. Best Test Tube baby hospital in Hyderabad has adequate facilities for DNA Fragmentation.
It is made use of for predicting results of IVF and ICSI. DNA fragmentation index helps determine the success rate of IVF.
Various studies have shown that –
- High sperm DNA fragmentation does affect the creation of blastocyst
- The higher levels of DNA fragmentation, lower chances of failed model treatment as well as miscarriage
- Sperm DNA fragmentation is rather higher in sub-fertile men with irregular sperm parameters
- The high sperm DNA fragmentation is rather found among men with normal sperm count.
Best infertility doctors in Hyderabad are well versed in DNA fragmentation.
Types of DNA Fragmentation Test :
Sperm DNA damage happens to be common among young as well as elderly men. There are various tests available to assess the fragmentation of the sperm in the DNA. Two of the most common tests are – Sperm Comet Test and SCSA.
SpermComet Test :
A SpermComet Test is rather conducted by a specialist to check the quality of a man’s sperm and DNA.
SCSA (Sperm Chromatin Structure Assay) :
SCSA refers to the issue of assaying the structure of sperm chromatin as a new diagnostic tool that can identify sperm samples with a high degree of DNA fragmentation.
Depending on reproductive history, the SCSA can be recommended for some patients. This examination is of course not a measure of the ability of the sperm to fertilize an egg.
Advantages of Sperm Fragmentation Test :
- Provides a comprehensive study of sperm DNA integrity that helps in aiding the identification of men at risk of sub-fertility
- Provides information that does help in male fertility clinical diagnosis, treatment, as well as management.
- It does provide prognostic quality in determining the outcome of fertility treatment like IVF or IUI.
Factors that cause damage to the DNA of the sperm :
Several factors do damage sperm DNA –
- Age – Age is an important factor. Damage to DNA can be enhanced with the age of the men.
- Men having a chronic infection in the prostate
- Exposure to toxic agents as well as chemicals
- Excessive heat
Causes of Sperm DNA Fragmentations :
Apart from stress ,there are other contributing factors to sperm DNA fragmentation –
- Infection and Pyrexia
- Abortive Apoptosis
- Advanced Age
- Occupational and Environmental Pollutants
- Recreational drugs
- Lapse of time from ejaculation
- Intrinsic causes such as recombination deficiencies during spermatogenesis
- Increase in testicular temperature
- Variations in the expression of sperm protein
Therefore, it is advisable to understand the significance of the sperm DNA fragmentation test before proceeding with any sort of infertility treatment.